“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 20, 2011

Lots to talk about!

Well, I lost 1.2 pounds since Wednesday!!! Woohoo!!! I'm very excited to see some results.  I finally did what I've been blogging about trying to do for months.  I got the whole package in check (exercise AND nutrition) all together! Chad was excited too!

Below are some updates and thoughts on a few different things....

Food Journal -
writing my journal out on paper has really helped.  I am an iphone person, but the LoseIt app just wasn't working for me like I needed it to.  I found myself dreading the "searching for food" part and the entering part.  I think the app is amazing. I'm still using it to record my weight and keep track of how many calories I need each day.  I also like how detailed the journal pages are that Chad gave me.  They even have places to mark your thoughts throughout the day.  It's a good thing to journal your feelings and thoughts with your food details.

I'm still working on getting my calories down where I need them.  I'm running 100-200 calories too high each day.

As you can see below I'm having a little fun making my journal pages colorful.  As silly as it sounds even the little idea of using markers to keep my journal keeps it fun to do.  LOL.  Silly, I know!


Sodium??? - well, I'm getting better at it.... I'm learning, knowledge is what I'm missing when it comes to Sodium, So i'm still recording sodium this week to help me become more aware of good and bad foods in regards to Sodium.  I was able to pull my sodium down from 4000+ mg a day to 2,000.  So that was exciting!

Running - I did my longest run yet on Saturday night.  I was very nervous to do this run.  All of the runs to this point had been intervals with runs up to 8 minutes each.  The 8 minute intervals were in the Week 5 Day 2 and they were difficult for me, so Week 5 Day 3 was a 5 min warm up, 20 min run, 5 min cool down. Yikes???!!!! I went late Saturday night, my parents were in town so my Dad agreed to walk along with the dog so I wouldn't be out there on my own, then Brandon decided to go as well.  He's still doing intervals. Below is a picture of Dad and I before I headed out:


Brandon was extra supportive on this run.... when we would pass (some places we run down and back a road) he would say "keep going" "your doing good".  That made me feel so great!  At about 8 minutes into the run I was hurting, breathing was a little tough, but it was mainly physical pain.  At 10 minutes I hit a point, I was in my rhythm, in my groove, on auto pilot.  I had zoned out my music (couldn't tell you what I heard) and it was all about rhythm, breating, and running.  It didn't hurt anymore, it felt good.  When my C25K came on and said "one minute remaining" I sprinted until I heard "walk now".  I did it!!!! Dad and Brandon were right there where I finished and I was so proud.  I felt great!  It made me feel like I really will be able to run the 5K!!!! I went 1.5 miles in the 20 minutes.  So that would be about a 40 minute 5K.  So i either have to run faster or run twice as long!  So, I better keep on working!

Yoga - we got our blueray player set up this weekend so I pulled out my "Bob's Weightloss Yoga" (from Biggest Loser for those that don't know, Chad!) I did it last night and this morning and it felt so good.  I am better at it now than I was last time I did it over a year ago.  I am so much stronger and more flexible and I have less stomach fat to get in the way (seriously).

So, I train again on Friday and I can't wait to see what I can do between now and then.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment