“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting Stronger!!!

I am getting stronger even though I struggle with the whole package (nutrition, sleep, exercise) and that is currently keeping my weight from dropping.  I gained 0.4 pounds today.  I did not stick to recording my food in my Lose It app.  Chad really can't assess how my eating is going if I don't record it for him to see.  So, we've made a bit of a change.  I will not be logging in my Lose It app any longer, but i will be writing it on some printed food log pages.  I will be much more detailed in my logging.  It will incude my water intake, times that I eat, hunger levels when I snack, etc.  I am excited to get this started.   Sometimes you just need a change in you process. 

Now, on to the getting stonger part... If you read reguarly you know that my trainer has had me doing planks since the get go!  I've done some intersting types of planks along the way, but I did my most difficult plank yet today (maybe even tougher than "jelly rolls"!!!) I had my feet on a tire and my hands on a BOSU ball, ever seen one of those? It's half of a stability ball on a flat foundation, you turn it upside down and it creates an unstable surface for your body to be forced to stablize itself (core, abs, etc) The most difficult part of this plank was keeping my abs and lower back extra stable to avoid sagging in the middle.  * My trainer always holds my phone for me during my work outs and today suggested that he take a picture of this plank for me to post on my blog, so you can see that picture to the left of this post and below.


 Below that picture (and this paragraph)  you will see another picture of me doing what he calls knee drives.  There you are somewhat in a plank positioon, but you have to raise your rear end up a little to allow leg movement and you pull your knees to your chest and back alternating sides, almost like running in place...  Its pretty tough on the BOSU ball becuse you have to have that much more stability in your abs and back.  I did these today in 3 sets, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, and the last one 1 minute. This picture was taken at the end of my 1 minute of knee drives.  I was about to have to fall over. 


So, again I'm looking forward to trying harder.  But I am proud of myself for where I have come strength wise.  So here goes.... I train again to Monday, lets see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment