“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feelin' the burn Mary Catherine Gallagher style!!!!

Well. I lost .8 lbs this week. It's a loss. Little losses add up!  I talked with Chad about my 15 pound goal for summer. It's doable but it's gonna take lots of work. Here is hat we discussed today to improve my weight loss. 

After Chad looked over my food journal he suggested that I cut the sugar. I have a tendency to do sweet things like  jello chocolate mousse pudding. I do these things in order to curve my sweet craving. What I actually need to do is learn to beat my sweet craving, then treat myself once in a while. So hears to cutting sugar...

Also,  my Couch to 5K running schedule has me running 3 days a week. I'm adding two other days that I will run 1 mile. So now I run 5 days a week.

With these two things in hand let's see what I can accomplish this week. My nutrition is falling into place and I had a loss. Wow. What do you know?  

Chad and I were talking to a guy at the gym tonight and this is what he said (I liked it) , "working out and not eating right is like taking a shower with no soap"

Let me tell you about my lower body exercises we added tonight. Yikes!

One was squat jumps. I've done these before. You put your feet shoulder width apart, squat and go directly into a jump, directly to a squat.... Repeat over and over. "like Tigger" Chad says. Lol. I did 3 sets of 10. Ouch!

Then we did "Superstars" ya know Mary Catherine Gallagher???.... from SNL.?? Well yeah. So you start in a lunge, one foot in front with the knee bend, the other leg straight out behind you. (like Mary Catherine)Then you jump into the air, cross your feet and land in the opposite lunge. So I did 16 of these twice. Double ouch! I promise that if you do those, think of Mary Catherine Gallagher and glance in a mirror you will lose your balance laughing. Lol. 

Needless to say after that plus more on my legs AND running my thighs feel terrible. Let's hope I wake up not so sore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment