“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 26, 2011

It is all about strategy

So here I set at Outback Steakhouse. I came in with 1169 calories available.

First choice was simple. Don't waste calories on my beverage. Get a water for free (both money and calories wise)

Next step get on my iPhone. I used MyFitnessPal and outback.com along with my paper menu. I block out the world and all the "what are you getting discussions" and made a plan that I knew would work. If I don't order more calories than I can have then I can't eat more than I have.

I allowed myself bread and a small piece of the blooming onion. For each of these I calculated how much I could have and put exactly that amount on my plate and no more.

After deducting calories for a small portion of blooming onion and I do mean small (328 calories) and a serving of bread (175 calories) I only had 667 (minus one) calories remaining. So now that I treated myself to bread and fat ( all things in moderation ) I had to be picky with my entree. I chose a caesar side salad (330 calories) still a splurge and then I chose for my actual entree a 6oz sirloin prepared with no butter (227 calories) and steamed broccoli also with no butter (50 calories) all this left me with 69 calories remaining.

So what do you do next Hn you finish your small, planned ahead portions, others are still eating and the bread is staring you in the face.

You BLOG!!!

Now we are all done. I resisted the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment