“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Changes!!!

Yeah so Today was pretty crazy. Aside from teaching 7th/8th graders all day that were about to be out of school for 5 days I decided to take a plunge and do something I had been aiming to do for some time. I tried a spin class for the first time. I did a 30 minute entry level class. I went to another location of my gym that I hadn't been to yet. My location has the pool, theirs (same distance from home) has indoor tennis courts and spin classes. Now, let's back up. After calling to confirm when the class was I got all pumped about this new adventure and texted Chad to tell him. Quickly he responded that he was excited for me to go, I then asked about our next training session.....

Chad recently made some job adjustments and got married! (Congrats! Chad!) and he was only training once a week. I knew that the day was coming that he would be done training at my gym and today was that day.... :(

I told him I wanted the best trainer to switch over to. Then I proceeded to be sad that we didn't get to train anymore. And I didn't get my picture with him for my blog. For those of you that have read a while you know this will make my 3rd trainer in a year (Chad trained me for 9 months!)
It's hard to open up to someone, get used to them and then switch.

Anyhow, Chad sent me the contact info for my new trainer. I asked Chad 20 questions about him (Alex). Chad told me that I would really like him. So I texted him. Before I went to spin Alex had already called me and talked with me about some goals and asked me to stop by the gym and meet with him after spin.

Back to spin....

I walk in a room full of spin bikes. OMG what am I thinking!!!! Immediately everyone was sooo nice and helped me pick a bike, the instructor came right over introduced herself, set my bike up for me. Adjusted all the adjustments. Taught me all the hand positions, terms, where to change resistance and how, and tips to make sure my form was right. Then once my feet were all strapped in and I left my water on the floor (it wouldn't fit in the bottle holder) we were off. We stretched while peddling, we peddled flat ground, hills, standing up, setting down, high resistance, low resistance,... All while the lights were out (except a black light that lit up our towels and shoes) Music was going. Everyone was chatting here and there about who was running what races when etc. The instructor was so great. When it came time for water I got off my peddles long enough to pick up my water and the older guy next to me came over and found a way for me to keep my water at arms reach.

I was sweating, it felt so good though. My legs burned, my heart rate was up, I was sweaty! Wondering why I left the tank on my bed and wore the tshirt.

Before I knew it I heard "if you are doing the entry level only this is your last run before cool down"

It went sooo fast!!! Yipee. Me and one other guy left after the 30 min. The others were in for another hour. That will be me one day (not yet, easy does it sometimes)

Everyone was so nice and welcoming and invited me to come back. I will go back for sure. I burned almost 300 calories in 30 min and it went by fast!!

So off to my regular gym location to meet Alex.

I met Alex... He is super pumped to train me. He has high goals for me and my success. I'm still extra nervous but knowing how eager he is makes my mind ease a bit. He gave me his diet plan that he likes to start people on which is what I've been doing just more intense. I did tell him that I like to be pushed. I will start training with him Monday. He told me to enjoy thanksgiving and start fresh on Monday. I like starting fresh. I will weigh, measure, set goals, etc. Alex has already added me on MyFitnessPal (you should too) to view my food journal, read my blog, and told me to text with any questions anytime. I'm pleased with his eagerness to help me succeed.

I had lost down to 178.8 remember? Well I gained back to 183ish. Not making excuses at all but I haven't trained with Chad in almost a month. I had met my goal of losing 5 lbs by the next time I met with him and when I realized last week that I didn't think we would get to meet again it was like subconscious self sabotage going on and I just gave in and gained. That is in NO way Chad's fault. I am the only person who can make things happen for me. Now I have a new goal. I'm going to weigh in the morning, then I am going to set a loss goal for Monday. I do plan to enjoy Thanksgiving but I also plan to get my runs in, and not go crazy. I plan to laugh and enjoy my family that I haven't seen since July!!! So my goal is not a specific number. I just want a loss between Wed. Morning and Monday Morning.

Running update. It's going great. I ran in the rain yesterday with Marnie (teacher running buddy). It was warm and drizzly. The rain was running down my face and it was amazing. I did a 25 minute run and got 2.1 miles in. Best rime yet!!!

5,000 challenge update - 4th try here. I will hit my 5,000 goals by next Wednesday Nov. 30th at 9:00pm. I will get this. I'm setting reminders on my phone so I won't forget which has consistently been my problem thus far!

So I went through lots of quick changes today but it's going to be good. I will miss Chad, but I will do well and make him proud I'm sure of it! I told him that when I have my 50 lb celebration party that he has to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment