“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Morning Thoughts

So I got closer to accomplishing my 5,000 goal this week but haven't quite made it. It's a much tougher goal than I realized when I set it. I accomplished 2,880 of my 5,000 (2,100 sec of running, 420 sec of planks, 360 sec of yoga poses, and no knee drives). So I started over today. I will do this. I have set to have it complete by Thursday evening. I'm already off to a good start with 180 sec of planks this morning. I'm not upset for being on my third try I see it as getting better and stronger for the third week in a row.

I headed out to the gym last night for Zumba Party. The Friday night Zumba class at my gym. I got there and it had been cancelled and so the mental argument with myself began.... Stay and work out? Just do cardio? Leave so I can get home and eat dinner earlier? I headed to the car to get my earbuds for cardio and realized they weren't in my car. So I headed to the elliptical trainer to work out in silence. I faught myself mentally until I had 20 minutes in. Then I thought I can't be all warmed up and not do some circuit training. So I grabbed a kettle bell from my trainers office and headed over to the free weight section or what many might call "the guys' section". I rotated 3 kettle bell exercises with oblique sit ups on the inclined sit up bench. I did 12 reps of each exercise in the circuit and repeated the circuit 3 times. I was fatigued on the last few reps, but finished strong.

I laughed inside at all of the grunts and noises the guys make when they lift. Is it really necessary ? One guy (probably 25-30) was being worked out by his friend, who obviously though he was a bundle of awesomeness, and was being pushed by this friend to do more and more and more until he was literally about to vomit right there. The "bundle of awesomeness" friend, I thought, was just being a jerk. Anyhow. Now that that side story is over...

I left feeling great! I had pushed myself to finish a good full workout. I had done a good circuit without my trainer. Which is just an accomplishment for the simple reason that I took what he's taught me and used it on my own.

I did only upper body and abs because my quads were a bit sore from my 2 mile run on Thursday and I was looking to my running assignment today (25 min run) and didn't want to mess it up by overworking my legs. I can't lie though my shoulders are super sore today. I'm glad though, because I pushed myself in circuit training which in my opinion is difficult. I much prefer to have a person telling me what to do and when to do it.

I did 3 minutes of planks this morning. My shoulders felt that too! Yikes!

My running is going really great! I'm looking forward to my 25 min run today!

I am also really REALLY close to my goal of getting to the 170s. I weighed in at 180.8 a few days this week, then it dropped yesterday to 180.2, this morning I was 180.0 EVEN. Come on 170s!!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Everytime I walk into a weight room at the gym I get the "this ain't your room sweetie" look. When I started studying for my certification, it was really bad cause I would be looking around the room and SO many guys were doing improper lifting! (dropping weights on the floor after their last lift, lifting past "the red zone" where they really could be injured etc etc) Just sad
    sounds awesome! lol maybe during the summer you could be a personal fitness trainer! You have the knowledge. Keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete