“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, December 16, 2011

Crazy Week!!!

Not enough hours in a day it seems this last week. As a choir/band director married to a band director this time of year get extra hectic with performances. Over the last 6 days I have led my choirs/band in 6 performances and attended 2 additional performances of other groups. Our last performance was this morning! I finalized 80 auditions for spring choir, sat in on high school musical auditions we posted the cast list yesterday, I had two meetings and one training show for my second job (selling jewelry) It is now Christmas break. Praise the Lord!

With all of this busy hustle and bustle came dinners out with colleagues after performances. Sometimes I didn't leave school until 9:00pm. I missed running with my training group too..:( You know what else comes with Christmas break for teachers?..... Lots of gifts: ornaments, CANDY, giftcards, CANDY, hand sanitizer, CANDY, CANDY, CANDY!!! I mean it is good. Who doesn't love homemade goodies from kiddos?! Well it puts me in a pickle. I love the candy, I love the thoughtfulness, but I can't eat all that candy and train for this half marathon. The packaged candy is easier because you can save it. The homemade stuff goes stale pretty quick.

So my choices are:
1. Binge on gifted candy
2. Give it to someone (assisting them with a binge on gifted candy)
3. Throw it away and waste it.

None of those sound good. So I did a little of each with no binges. I ate a piece to tell the kiddo that it was good (I should not feel obligated, but it's hard not to), I made my husband some baggies with it portioned to take hunting, then I got rid of the rest. I can NOT have candy in the house without eating it. The packaged candy is all in the pantry for appropriate use. Lol.

So what do I do after a week that wasn't as good? Get down on myself? No!!! I make a plan for the next time I have a crazy week. The plan would keep me from missing any runs or healthy meals.

I can't wait to meet my new trainer Monday morning. !!!!!

My plan tomorrow is to run in the morning, then do some meal planning. I need to plan ahead for holiday travel. That's a whole other post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment