“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So excited!!! I am headed down the right road!

I met with my new trainer yesterday (recap: Chad left in Nov, moved me to a different trainer who I did not mesh well with, I changed to a new trainer, Linda) *any thing mentioned in this blog is strictly in regards to how things work for ME, every trainer I have worked with is a good trainer, every person works well with a different type plan*
I am so excited to work with her. I had gotten very used to Chad and liked working with him, but I think Linda is going to be awesome. She gets it! She gets my goals and how to help me attain them.
My training right now has to revolve around my training for the half marathon.... She has done a fantastic job of creating a plan for me that does just this! From nutrition to workouts it is all designed to make me lose weight and succeed in running. So excited!!!

Nutrition is something that frustrated me a great deal with the trainer I had after Chad. I was trying to eat in a way that was unrealistic to stick with.
It was a "diet" that had intentions of making me eat perfect. That can work for some people I guess but not me. I believe that you have to like the food you eat eating should not be a miserable event. Some of the things like staying away from flour and serious sodium restriction had no purpose for me.
If I'm running and sweating I need sodium, if I'm running and working out I need healthy carbs.
Linda has me eating a healthy balanced diet with protein, fruits, veggies, dairy, healthy carbs, and healthy fats. She gave me some sample meals that came out of the Runners Diet. I don't have to chose from those meals but they set up a good example of how to balance a meal. She also knows that I have enough knowledge to make substitutions that are good and healthy.
She also saw that I was currently on a 1200 calorie diet. She used a formula and changed my daily calorie goal to 1700. 1200 was not enough and she thinks that the 1200 calories could have been keeping me from losing weight. My body was holding on to everything I gave it. 1700 calories is with enough deficit to have me lose 1.5 lbs per week according to my BMR and current activity level. So I went in to MyFitnessPal and changed my daily caloric goal. You can go in and change it on your own. Who knew?!
We discussed how to add 500 calories a day the right way: bigger breakfast and lunch, add good high cal foods like Greek Yogurt, nuts, etc. I am also working on making sure that I snack enough.

The first thing Linda did was go over my goals. Instead of so much a pound goal. I have a goal to shape up, lose inches, feel better, and in that I will lose pounds. Most importantly I will run a half marathon on April 28th. So we will be tracking pounds but not so focused on them. I have a pair of size 8 Lucky Jeans from high school in my closet. I was only able to wear them for a few months in high school (a time when I dropped 15/20 pounds or so). So they have been a goal for me for about 10 years! Linda had me get them out of the closet. I've hung them up where I can see them. I put them "on" the best I could and wrote down the date and where they go to when I put them on. I put that paper on the pants. I will go back to these jeans once a week and record each time where they go to. They currently hit mid thigh. This will give me an indicator aside from the scales. Since I have never been at a healthy weight as an adult we will see what a healthy number on the scale is for me when I get there.

On to exercise.

Im doing a 3-2-1 plan that changes depending on your current goals. My current goal is to run a half marathon so my current plan looks like this:
3 runs (1 pace, 1 tempo, 1 long)
2 high intensity workouts (I have options)
1 resistance workout (also have options)

Runs: she gave me specific guidelines for each run that are specified to me and my abilities. She watched me run yesterday and found that I have a good running posture! Yay! I thought I did.

High Intensity: options are some type of high intensity class or high intensity interval running with sprints. I can do that on the treadmill in my Livingroom in 11 min. I did this with her yesterday in the gym. I felt like I was on Biggest Loser(they are always jumping on the sides of those treadmills!). I use incline and a sprint speed. I do 15 seconds on, jump to the rails, breath for 15 seconds. I repeat all of this for several minutes. It felt great to get winded and push (my legs are sore today too) It is awesome.

Resistance training. Once a week. I have options. I have a crossfit circuit that she taught me yesterday. I was doing things that I was surprised I could do! I do 5 sets of the crossfit circuit and each time I have options for each exercise to give it variety.

I will do crossfit for the next two weeks. I will then learn another circuit that I can change out with.

I loved what I did yesterday. I enjoyed getting winded and sweating. You know why?! Because I feel like I'm headed somewhere awesome!!! Linda is someone with big goals. She has met many goals of her own along the way (some similar to mine, esp running goals that she has met). She wants my plan to be attainable in a busy lifestyle like mine and she wants me to have results and be successful. I can't tell you how excited I am to have someone give me such an attainable route to success. Will it take hardworking and dedication ABSOLUTELY! But I like hard work and dedication when I believe I'm on the right road!


Yay! Can't wait to update y'all!
Thanks Linda !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment